Children's Health Services remains open during this health crisis. For updates, please visit our Facebook page.
- Why Choose Us?
- New Patients
- Patient Experience
- Enhanced Patient Care Access
- Children’s Health Services, PA uses validated depression screening tools and we provide referrals and follow-up with behavioral health specialists.
- Dental Health: The pediatricians at Children’s Health Services prescribe oral fluoride supplementation starting at age 6 months for children whose water supply is deficient in fluoride. In addition, fluoride varnish is applied to the primary teeth of all infants and children starting at the age of primary tooth eruption.
- Patient Satisfaction: Patient satisfaction surveys reflects our patients perceptions of their interactions with providers and staff, in and out of the exam room. Our patient satisfaction survey functionality, gives our patients the ability to analyze our performance so we may better understand and begin to consider potential actions to improve our patient experience. After every encounter here at Children’s Health Services, you will receive a survey through the patient portal to be able to give feedback about your visit. The survey will be sent to the email address associated with your patient portal account.
It is the policy of the practice to provide routine and urgent care appointments outside regular business hours whenever possible. In order to meet the demands of our patients, we are open on Saturday’s from 9 to 11am. In addition, we contract with East Carolina University After Hours Night Clinic. The After Hours Night is open until 10pm daily. Our providers are on-call and rotate working at ECU After Hours Clinic throughout the week. Therefore, our patients are able to have access to a Children’s Health Service’s provider after-hours each night of the week and on weekends as well.
For patients who meet specific criteria (determined by physician) we offer telemedicine appointments through E-visit. Telemedicine appointments can be requested one of two ways. The patient/parent may contact our office during regular business hours to request an E-visit. They will be instructed on how to create an account by one of our administrative staff members. If the patient is an established telemedicine patient, they may log in to their account and request an appointment individually.
Direct Provider Communications via Patient Portal and Telephone:
If you have a question about a medical issue after hours, simply call our office at (252)329-7337, and you will speak directly to the After Hours Nurse Triage service, where you can speak to a registered Nurse regarding your situation. She/He will assess your child’s symptoms and give you clinical advice, and if needed, will direct you to the ECU After Hours Clinic for an immediate appointment.
The afterhours clinic is located in the ECU Pediatric Outpatient Center at Brody School of Medicine, which is open 7 days a week from 6:00 pm to 9:00 p.m. You can also reach our providers by logging in to your patient portal and sending a secure message for non-emergent questions during regular business hours. Our providers will reply via the portal to your question or concern. If you have questions about obtaining access to the patient portal please contact our office.
Call Children’s Health Services at 252-329-7337 if your child needs:
- Flu Shots
- Developmental Screenings
- ADHD & Behavioral Concerns
- Lactation Consulting
- Chronic Disease Care
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Viral and Bacterial Illnesses
- Asthma Care
- Female Adolescent Exams
- Obesity and Weight Management
- Pediatric Nutrition
- Routine Infant, Child and Adolescent Wellness Visits